Subject: "Headcrash" by Bethke

From: "Rob Slade, the doting grandpa of Ryan Hoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:43:34 GMT

Bethke manages to put even less plot into a novel than Piers Anthony, and
that is a considerable feat.
 
However, if you have any interest in computers, computer support or
cyberpunk fiction, you probably won't mind as you chuckle your way through
the book.  Starting off like "The Bastard Operator from Hell Meets Theory
X", the plot wends and twists its way steadily into spaghetti.  Bethke
obviously knows his computers (and a solid block of insider jokes), but
isn't about to let the facts get in the way of a good virtual reality.
 
copyright Robert M. Slade, 1996   BKHDCRSH.RVW   960128

%A   Bruce Bethke
%O   http://www.spedro.com/headcrash
%C   1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY   10020
%D   1995
%G   0-446-60260-4
%I   Warner Books
%O   U$5.50/C$6.99
%P   344
%T   "Headcrash"

[email-masked]     [email-masked]     [email-masked]
    "So, concerning the above message, you think Rob Slade is responsible?"
        "Heavens, no!  I think Rob Slade is terribly *ir*responsible!"
Author "Robert Slade's Guide to Computer Viruses" 0-387-94663-2 (800-SPRINGER)