Subject: Review: Green Rider by Kristen Britain

From: [email-masked] (HKlaus6073)
Date: 03 Nov 1998 14:20:06 -0500

GREEN RIDER by Kristen Britain
	Review Copyright 1998 Harriet Klausner

Her reluctant adventure began innocent enough when Dean Geyer indefinitely
kicked her out of school. As Karigan G'ladheon heads home, not sure of the
welcome by her merchant father, she meets a dying GREEN RIDER, conveying a
critical message to Sacordia's new King Zachary. The rider makes Karigan
pledge to deliver the unopened message, but warns her to "beware the
shadow man."

Donning the deceased's broach so that other Riders will recognize her,
Karigan swears she hears wings beating, horses galloping, and a whisper of
welcome though nothing seems to be nearby. Led by her horse and chased by
unknown assailants, Karigan knows that she will never return to the
classroom as she either will be dead or have delivered the message that
would substantiate her as a GREEN RIDER.

Wannabe writers will be green with envy as Kristen Britain's debut fantasy
novel is a brilliant tale of action, adventure, and magic. The characters
are superbly developed, leaving readers believe that the fantasy land of
Sacordia is a real place. Karigan is a great role model and anti-heroine,
who still does the right thing. Though some of the secondary plots seem
unnecessary -- typical of first time authors -- this novel is must reading
for genre fans because no one will want to miss the dawning of a new
superstar.

Harriet Klausner

%T GREEN RIDER
%A Kristen Britain
%I Daw
%D Nov 1998
%O $23.95
%P 512 pp.
%G ISBN 0-88677-824-7