Subject: Review: Fire Angels, by Jane Routley

From: [email-masked] (Harriet Klausner)
Date: 22 Jun 1998 15:59:18 -0400

Fire Angels, by Jane Routley
	Review Copyright 1998 Harriet Klausner

After what she just went through (see MAGE HEART), mage Dion Holyhands
decides it is time to go back to her homeland of Moira to quietly settle
down as a healer. Once in Moira, Dion has the opportunity to meet her
biological family, whom she had not seen in years. However, the childhood
memory and the reality of her native land are not the same. Instead of a
haven of domestic tranquillity, Moira is being overrun by witch hunters
and Fire Angels.

Though she prefers to stay out of the upcoming battle, Dion knows that she
cannot sit idly by and watch her country be destroyed. As she finds love,
Dion dives head first into a stagnated court filled with plots and
counter-plots, and duels with demons and a necromancer who wants her to
be his queen.

In her second novel, FIRE ANGELS, Jane Routley proves that she is rapily
becoming one of the best writers of fantasy stories on the market today.
Jane is a mage with heart, making it a sure bet that readers will love
her. The support cast adds an authenticity that feels as if sixteenth
century Europe was filled with magic. However, what turns this novel and
the series into a classic reading experience is the different laws from
country to country that criminalizes various types of magic (similar to
drug laws).

Harriet Klausner

%T Fire Angels
%A Jane Routley
%I Avon Eos
%D Jun 1998
%O $13.00
%P 436 pp.
%G ISBN 0-380-79425-X