Subject: Review: Barb Wire (1996)

From: Tim Voon <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jul 1997 22:59:48 GMT

BARB WIRE 1996
                      A film review by Timothy Voon
                       Copyright 1997 Timothy Voon

Cast: Pamela Anderson Lee, Temura Morrison, Victoria Rowell, Jack
Noseworthy, Xander Berkeley, Udo Kier Director: David Hogan Screenplay:
Chuck Pfarrer and Ilene Chaiken

She leaves a trail of dead men behind her. Hates to be called ‘babe’,
which results in violent mood swings, more often than not resulting in
the male offender’s untimely death. She struts, and stalks her prey with
the style of a night club stripper, and calls herself ‘Barb Wire’ to
give her gimmick an edge.

The year is 2020 and we are in the midst of the second American Civil
War (Is there anything left to fight about?) A new breed of hero has
evolved - an ex-marine, very pre-pre-pre menstrual, angry woman, dumped
by her boyfriend, who has a lot on her mind, and a lot to prove to the
world (Hey, I thought that was G.I. Joe’s set-up?).

What Ms. Barb Wire (Anderson Lee) needs to understand is that less
flesh, means more mystery; silicon belongs in computer chips, and not
part of the mammary glands; too much leather constitutes a sofa, not
clothing; a name like ‘Barb Wire’ rusts easily, and belongs on the metal
scrap pile; and no, there won’t be a long line of future sequels.

This ‘babe’, (ooops, please don’t shoot me) is history.

Comment: Bring back Barbarella.

Timothy Voon
e-mail: [email-masked]