Subject: REVIEW: THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK (1997)

From: [email-masked] (Paul Miller)
Date: 29 May 1997 21:20:07 GMT

THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK
                       A film review by Paul Miller
                        Copyright 1997 Paul Miller

Jurassic Park was a movie that revolutionized the way that we perceived
movies.  We began to think....what if we could clones dinosaurs again
after seeing this movie, we had to begin to think that we wouldn't
really want to.  The Lost World shows that not only would that be a
grave mistake but that it could lead to extintion of the human race.

The movie starts out with Ian Malcolm being "summoned" by John Hamond. 
John has a proposition...Go to Isla Sorna which is 80 miles SW of Isla
Nablar.  There is "Site B".  The Isla Nablar mueseum is for the best of
the best from Isla Sorna.  Jurassic Park were only the healthy dinos
that were bread at Sorna.  Hammond knew that eventually someone would
find it and it would be pilaged.  Ian refused until he found out that
his girlfriend, Sarah Harding was one of the four on the expedition.  He
went there, not for research, but to get his loved one out of harms way.

He goes there only to find his daughter has tagged along for the ride. 
He finds his girlfriend.  No sooner then he finds her then 10-15
helocopters land with jeeps, hummers, you name it.  They are INGEN, John
Hammonds corpoation.  They begin to mess up the island...trapping
dinosaurs, caging them, etc.  The leader is Hammonds Nephew.  His
sidekick if you will, is a hunter that wants nothing more than a Male
T-Rex.  

No more plot will you hear...

This movie was great...however not near as good as Jurassic Park.  You
will hear countless people say..."This was 1000x worse than the book." 
Well, here's how I look at it.  They are two completely different
stories.  The movie didn't follow the book at all except for bits and
pieces. You can't compare apples and oranges, which is what the book and
the movie were.  Looking solely at the movie, it was solid, well acted,
and amazing special effects.  If you loved Jurassic Park, you will love
the Lost World.

*** (out of 4)

**** - Top Notch
***  - Very Good
**   - Average
*    - Just plain bad

mail me!  [email-masked]

Visit my Movie Reviews Page

http://us.imdb.com/M/reviews_by?carson%40epix%2Enet%20%28Paul%20Miller%29