Subject: REVIEW: THE WIND OF AMNESIA (1996)

From: [email-masked] (Jon Lawrence)
Date: 17 May 1996 16:13:55 GMT

THE WIND OF AMNESIA
                       A film review by Jon Lawrence
                        Copyright 1996 Jon Lawrence

THE WIND OF AMNESIA is a Japanaimation. It about in the year 1999, a
wind swept across the world erasing every one's memory, hense Amnesia.
Every one forgot every thing, the could not even remeber how to speak
even. The mains story is about this guy, Wataru (not is real name, he
forgot that one) who learns everything again,. He was helped by Johnny,
a kiddy with cybernetic brain that the wind did not affect. After John
died, Wataru starts his quest in to rebuild humanity. They first thing
he come along is a Guardian Robot, which he piss's off, so for the rest
of the movie, the robto whats Wataru's head. Then he means Sophia, a
woman who can talk, but will not tell Wataru why. Sophia need to get to
new york. So the rest of the movie is about these 2 making it across
american, meeting other people, and doing what they can to help. In the
end, the reasons for the following are resolved-
	* Why Sophia can speak when ever you else can't.
	* Why the wind happened?
	* Who cause the wind?
	* The guardian robot, who keeps on repairing itself, finally get
		destroyed.

THE WIND OF AMNESIA reminded me of Steven King's The STand becuace the
place was a waiste land, but still alot of civalisation was still
standing, unlike in those after the bomb moives. I was very obvious
that the orginal story was a lot longer (Like some other japanimations)
because it took most of the film to get From L.A. to Los Vegas, and
after that, every thing most very quickly.

The flick is Baced on the works of Hideyuki Kikuchi
Director: Kazuo Yamazaki
Exe. Producer: Heisuke Kuri
Art Dir.: Mutsuaki Kozeki
Music: Kazz Toyama, Hidenobu Takimoto
Characer Design and Production Director: Satoru Nakamura
Dubbed into english by Manga Entertainment
MAde in 1993
Dubbed into English 1994

Art work: 4/5
Animation: 4/5
Story: 4/5
Dubbing: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

Review by
The Puppeteer