

Titan AE
1 Star (Out of 4)
Capsule Reviewed by Mac VerStandig
[email-masked]
http://www.moviereviews.org
June 15, 2000
USA Release Date - June 16, 2000

--- A copy of this capsule review can be found at 
http://www.moviereviews.org/titan_ae.htm ---

A post-apocalyptic look at endangered bands of humans roaming an 
alien-dominated universe, "Titan AE" would be perhaps better suited for its 
Generation-X audience as a video game where attention spans can dictate 
length rather than the already overlong 90 minute production it currently is. 
Yet, America's youth would likely discard such a game if for no reason other 
than the extraordinarily inconsistent and oftentimes poor graphics. While the 
galactic images are quasi-mouth-watering, the species portrayed are more 
crude than those pictured in the recent "Pokemon: The First Movie," hardly a 
testament to the abilities of 21st century computer animators. The plot has 
many holes - not the least of which is a scene where the protagonist seems to 
be able to read the subtitles the film's editors have inserted to aid the 
audience in understanding a gibberish language. Indeed, so little is original 
with all the key concepts being recycled from previous works that a grand 
finale of "I am your father,. . ." would come as little surprise.